HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Feb. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Kmart Consumer Electronics announces it is giving back to its social media community by rewarding gaming bloggers with the opportunity to attend the 2011 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3). Beginning today through March 30, KmartGamer, an online resource and community for video gamers, is seeking submissions from gaming bloggers interested in attending the world's premier gaming trade show from June 7 – 9 at the Los Angeles Convention Center on behalf of KmartGamer.
"Through KmartGamer we are constantly looking for ways to engage gamers and interact with our customers in a two-way dialogue to share industry insights, trends, news and offers," said Karen Austin, president of Consumer Electronics for Sears Holdings, which operates Kmart and Sears stores. "By inviting our loyal KmartGamer enthusiasts to attend E3, we hope to provide them with opportunities and information that may otherwise not have been available to them and distinct content that they can share with their readers."
For exclusive, behind-the-scenes access to vendors at E3, including game developers and publishers, KmartGamer is seeking bloggers who are actively involved in gaming forums, sites or other channels (such as Facebook and Twitter) where they talk about gaming and are a recognized, trusted name on those channels. To be considered, video-game bloggers must follow the simple, two-step submission process:
- Step One: Write a blog post that states why KmartGamer should select them for participation, including providing the following information within their post:
- Why are you interested in going to E3?
- What would you be excited to see and cover at E3?
- Why do you want to go to E3 with KmartGamer?
- Describe your experiences with KmartGamer, such as how you learned about this call for submissions or how you discovered the various KmartGamer online resources.
- Step Two: Link their individual blog submission as a comment on the official KmartGamer.com blog announcing the call for submissions, located at http://www.mykmart.com/mykmart_blog/KmartGamer-bloggers-e3-2011. Bloggers are also required to supply their e-mail and mailing addresses in the necessary entry fields found on the KmartGamer.com blog by Wednesday, March 30.
Following the submission process, a team of Kmart Consumer Electronics representatives will review the applicants and select three bloggers to attend E3 on its behalf and blog about their experiences. KmartGamer will also provide bloggers with travel and hotel expense and a daily per diem for the three-day expo.
Gaming enthusiasts can also follow KmartGamer on Twitter at twitter.com/kmartgamer or on the KmartGamer blog at www.kmartgamer.com. Additionally, to learn about the latest Kmart consumer electronics offers and news visit, www.kmart.com/electronics.
Kmart, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (Nasdaq: SHLD), is a mass merchandising company that offers customers quality products through a portfolio of exclusive brands that include Jaclyn Smith, Joe Boxer, Country Living, Route 66 and Smart Sense. For more information visit the company's website at www.kmart.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.