HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., April 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --It's almost time to celebrate one of the toughest jobs; motherhood. And many families are searching for the perfect gifts to show mom how much they care. So, instead of simply giving mom flowers that will only last a few days, why not help delight mom with an item that will make her hectic, multifaceted life easier and more enjoyable. As moms look for ways to simplify their busy schedules, many are turning to consumer electronics to come to the rescue. From a tablet to manage her daily agenda to a camera or camcorder to capture special memories, Sears and Kmart have identified the top trending consumer electronics gift ideas that celebrate and help mom year-round, including:
- Cameras and camcorders to record life's precious moments
- Tablets for personalized entertainment and organization
- Must-have accessories that complement "Me Time"
"As both a mother and a daughter, I know it's always a challenge to find a gift that demonstrates just how much you appreciate mom. So, what better way to show you care than with a present that alleviates her stress and makes her life more enjoyable," said Karen Austin, president of Consumer Electronics for Sears Holdings. "Moms continue to incorporate technology into their everyday lives, and Sears and Kmart are providing great gift ideas that will touch her heart."
To help simplify Mother's Day shopping this year, Sears and Kmart are sharing some timely insights, in the form of consumer electronic trends. So, what are the hot consumer electronics for mom this year? Sears and Kmart have the answers.
Trend Number One: Capturing Life's Precious Moments with Cameras
I.O.U.s redeemable for household chores (or hugs and kisses) will always put a smile on mom's face, but this year, why not warm her heart with a camera or camcorder that will create timeless memories. Perfect for sentimental moms, cameras and camcorders allow her to capture and share milestones and everyday occurrences with family and friends.
With such a broad selection of cameras and camcorders available, choosing the right one for mom can be daunting. The Sears MatchMaker tool at www.CameraMatchMaker.com, can help customers find the perfect camera for mom by answering some simple questions. A few great items to consider include:
- Sony NEX3 camera featuring a 18-55mm lens for only $549.99 after $50 instant savings (regularly $599.99); bundle this offer with an additional 16mm F2.8 lens (regularly $249.99) and receive both for only $649.98, a savings of $200 – Sears item# 00352968 (Sony NEX3 camera) / Sears item# 00332969 (16mm F2.8 lens)
- Sony DSCH70 digital camera bundle featuring 16 megapixels, a 10x optical zoom and three-inch LCD with HD movie capabilities; includes a free 4GB SD card and case for only $178.00 (regularly $229.99) – Sears item# 00352955
- Samsung Q10 HD Digital Camcorder with 2.7-inch Auto Rotate Touch-panel LCD Display for only $199.99 (regularly 299.99) – Sears item# 00353544 / Kmart item# 03289713
Trend Number Two: Personalized Entertainment and Streamlined Organization with Tablets
Many career moms are balancing between work and personal life, and a tablet, e-reader or netbook is a practical and perfect gift to help manage her busy lifestyle. Whether your mom spends hours online or loves reading, a tablet or netbook, with the technology of a laptop and the mobility of a smart phone, can help mom manage her schedule, surf the Internet, read books and more, all on the go.
Some of the great selection of tablets, e-readers and netbooks available at Sears and Kmart include:
- Toshiba 10-inch Netbook for only $279.99 (regularly $299.99) – Sears item# 00318278
- Sony five-inch eReader for only $139.99 (regularly $179.99) – Sears item# 05714988
- Acer Aspire One 10.1-inch Netbook for only $249.99 (regularly $279.99) – Kmart item# 3412147
Trend Number Three: Must-Have Accessories that Complement 'Me Time'
This year, help mom make the most of her leisure time with accessories that she will be sure to enjoy, such as headphones, digital picture frames and Blu-ray disc players.
Headphones: With a pair of noise-canceling headphones, mom can tune out distractions and enjoy some much-needed rest and relaxation.
- Sony On-Ear Noise-Canceling Headphones for only $49.99 – Sears item# 05794688
Digital Picture Frames: Digital picture frames are fun for the home and the office, allowing mom to relive memories of past vacations, family outings and important events.
- Pandigital 10.1-inch Digital Photo Frame for only $79.99 (regularly $99.99) – Sears item# 00354933
Blu-ray Disc Players: If mom loves family movie nights, a Blu-ray disc player can kick up the viewing quality for all to enjoy a cinematic experience from the comfort of home.
- Panasonic Blu-ray Disc Player for only $99.99 – Sears item# 05757305
Read more about Sears' top consumer electronics Mother's Day trends for 2011 here www.mysears.com/mysears_blog/Gifts-to-Make-Moms-Day. To learn more about Sears and Kmart's consumer electronics initiatives, visit www.Sears.com/electronics or www.Kmart.com/electronics.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with over 4,000 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, consumer electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2011 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 11 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com.
SOURCE Sears Holdings Corporation