HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Nov. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --Kmart announces Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday doorbusters with deals on a wide range of products, with everything from home electronics and appliances, clothing, toys, tools and much more. As the go-to holiday-shopping destination, Kmart stores nationwide will open early on Black Friday, in addition to opening on Thanksgiving Day, in most cities, so that shoppers can beat the rush and get a jumpstart on their holiday shopping.
"This holiday season, Kmart is offering customers spectacular deals on Black Friday, as well as special hours on Thanksgiving to give them the chance to take advantage of the offers early," said Andrew Stein, vice president, Marketing Planning at Sears Holdings. "We have made a promise to our shoppers to provide the best deals on the items they want and need, and during the holidays, we double efforts to keep that promise by marking down popular products in every department."
For the 20th consecutive year, Kmart will open its doors on Thanksgiving Day in response to customer desire to have a place to pick up last-minute or forgotten items for family meals, and to start holiday shopping early. During the holiday season, customers can take advantage of deep discounts on quality products throughout each Kmart store to ensure that families' holidays are bright and joyful this year. Kmart customers can also find exclusive product lines, such as Dream Out Loud by Selena Gomez, Sofia by Sofia Vergara, Jaclyn Smith, Country Living, Smart Sense, Rebecca Bonbon and Bongo.
A sample of Kmart Thanksgiving Day deals for Thursday, Nov. 24, include:
- Save $150 on Panasonic 42" plasma HDTV for $399.99 (Reg. $549.99) - Lowest price ever!
- Save 70 percent on fine jewelry, plus save an extra 10 percent off all Red Tag jewelry
- Buy one, get one free Little Tikes infants' and preschool toys
- Save 50 percent on a variety of hot toys
- Buy one board game, get one at 50 percent off
- Up to 40% off bedding and bath
- Save 50 percent on family outerwear, cold weather accessories and footwear
- Save 50 percent on assorted Christmas trees, decorations and holiday decor
- Small kitchen appliances as low as $4.99 (Reg. $9.49)
A sample of Kmart Black Friday deals for Friday, Nov. 25, include: (Note, 5-11 am door busters)
- PlayStation 3 2011 Holiday Bundle (includes 160GB entertainment system, Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One PS3 game and Little Big Planet 2 Special Edition PS3 game) for $199.99 (Reg. $219.99)
- Save $30 on Velocity Cruz R102 eReader for $69.99 (Reg. $99.99)
- Save $30 on Trim A Home 6-foot Blue Mountain tree for $19.99 (Reg. $49.99)
- Save $110 on 7-foot Auburn billiard table with BONUS table-tennis top for $189.99 (Reg. 299.99) - Lowest price of the season!
- Save 50 percent on family outerwear
- Save 70 percent on all fine jewelry, plus save an extra 10 percent on all Red Tag jewelry
- Save $50 on Craftsman 21inch123cc single-stage snow thrower for $299.99 (Reg. $349.99)
- Get a GE 12MP camera (a $59.99 value) with purchase of GE X500 for $149.99
- Save $50 on Panasonic 5.1-channel 330-watt DVD home theater system for $99.99 (Reg. $149.99)
- Save $50 on Garmin 40LM for $99.99 (Reg. $149.99)
- Save 10 percent on all major appliances
To make holiday shopping even more rewarding, Kmart will provide Shop Your Way Rewards members with two times the points on qualifying purchases, equal to two percent back, throughout November. Additionally, for Sears credit card holders, Kmart is offering five times the Shop Your Way Rewards points on qualifying purchases, equal to five percent back.
Extended Holiday Shopping Hours
In keeping with Kmart's distinct 20-year tradition, it will open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. (local time) in most markets on Thanksgiving Day. On Black Friday, Nov. 25, Kmart stores nationwide will open at 5 a.m. and close at 11 p.m. (local time). Kmart will also offer extended business hours at stores nationwide through Christmas Eve on Saturday, Dec. 24.
Kmart Holiday Store Hours:
- Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 24 (in most markets): 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 25: 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 26: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 27: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Nov. 28 through Dec. 3: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Dec. 4 through 10: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Dec. 11 through 23: 6 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Dec. 24: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Dec. 25: Closed
Customers will be able to maximize their savings this holiday, with Kmart's layaway program. Customers can reserve their holiday purchases now, pay over time and pick up items just in time for gift giving. The layaway program allows customers to select their items and make biweekly payments over an eight- or 12-week period. Making the online layaway process even easier, Kmart.com recently introduced a new option called Shop Here, Pick Up There. Items can be selected online, placed on layaway and then conveniently picked up at any local Kmart store.
But customers do not have to wait until Black Friday to save. Circulars for future weeks are available now on kmartlocalad.com, which provides real deals in real-time from local Kmart stores using up-to-the-minute inventory updates and access to ads 24 hours a day.
Visit Kmart.com for more information and to find a location near you or shop online for the best deals of the holiday season. For additional media materials and information please visit the Kmart holiday electronic press kit at http://kmartepk.com/, or contact the Sears and Kmart holiday hotline at (212) 884-1140 to arrange an interview or in-store filming.
Kmart, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a mass merchandising company that offers customers quality products through a portfolio of exclusive brands that includes Jaclyn Smith, Joe Boxer, County Living, Route 66 and Smart Sense. For more information visit the company's website at www.kmart.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.
Euro RSCG Worldwide PR