HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Sept. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Kmart® announces its annual Fab 15 toy list – the ultimate list of toys that kids want. This year's list features the hottest toys of the season from top brands including Hasbro, Mattel and Fisher-Price, as well as popular characters that kids know and love like Barbie, Mickey and more.
"Each year we select toys for our Fab 15 list that are sure to top the wish lists of children everywhere and deliver smiles on Christmas morning," said Hugo Malan, SVP and president, Fitness, Sporting Goods and Toys at Sears Holdings. "Parents are thrilled that this year's list is making shopping easy by helping them identify toys that are the next big thing."
From classics like Twister and Power Wheels, to new hits like LeapFrog and Air Hogs, this year's Kmart Fab 15 list includes:
- Air Hogs® Hover Assault™ by Spin Master™
- Cinderella Enchanted Carriage Vanity by CDI Toys™
- FURBY by Hasbro®
- FurReal Friends Bouncy, My Happy-To-See-Me Pup by Hasbro® (Kmart exclusive)
- Holiday Brunette Barbie™ 2012 Doll by Mattel® (Kmart exclusive)
- Imaginext Eagle Talon Castle by Fisher-Price®
- Johnny the Skull Electronic Game by Fotorama
- LeapFrog LeapPad2®
- LEGO® Monster Fighters Vampyre Hearse
- Master Moves Mickey by Fisher-Price®
- Monster High® Skultimate Roller Maze™ Gift Set (Kmart exclusive)
- Monsuno Strike Sector Combat Set by Jakks Pacific®
- Power Wheels® Hot Wheels Dune Racer (Kmart exclusive)
- TWISTER Dance Game by Hasbro®
- WWE® Brawlin' Buddies™ by Mattel®
Free Layaway at Kmart: In-Stores and Online
Starting holiday shopping now will allow parents to pick up the most popular toys early so they aren't sold out later in the season. "We understand that many families may be concerned about fitting the upcoming holidays into tight budgets," said Malan. "We traditionally release our list of Fab 15 holiday must-have toys in September so that our customers can choose to get their shopping done early, and if need be, take advantage of our year-round layaway program."
Acknowledging that family budgets are stretched during the holidays, Kmart is offering free layaway service both online and in-stores from now until Nov. 17th.
New Twists on Classic Toys
The Fab 15 list also offers something special for parents to look forward to – a trip down memory lane. According to a recent Kmart survey, 70 percent of parents have purchased a modern version of a toy from their childhood for their children. This year's list includes toys that are modern twists on classics like Holiday Barbie, Twister Dance Game and LEGO Monster Fighters.
From Santa's Workshop, Exclusively at Kmart
This holiday season, Kmart has toys that customers will not be able to get at other retailers. For parents and gift-givers looking for that extra special toy, the Power Wheels Hot Wheels Dune Racer is available exclusively at Kmart this year. This Dune Racer can power over ruts, wet grass, gravel, mud and more!
For the legion of loyal Barbie fans and collectors worldwide, the brunette Holiday Barbie 2012 Doll is also available only at Kmart. Holiday Barbie has returned to traditional holiday colors and is looking radiant in red.
Vote to Win Fab 15 Toys
Beyond providing the list of hot holiday toys, Kmart is calling upon all parents and gift-givers to vote on their favorite Fab 15 toy. Starting Sept. 20, families are invited to go online at www.Kmart.com/fab15 and vote for their kids' favorite Fab 15 toy. Each time a family submits a vote, they will be registered for a chance to win one of the Fab 15 toys. One toy will be given away every day through Nov. 22.
Staff Picks from Santa's Helpers at Kmart
In addition to the Fab 15 list of the top holiday toys, some of Santa's Helpers at Kmart have recommended some additional toys that are sure to deliver smiles throughout the holiday season, including:
- BeyBlade® Destroyer Dome by Hasbro®
- Cinderella's Transforming Pumpkin Carriage by Mattel®
- Cruise & Groove Ball-a-Palooza by Fisher-Price®
- Doc McStuffins "Time for Check Up" set by Just Play
- Jake's Musical Pirate Ship by Fisher-Price®
- Kidz Bop Mic Stand by Imperial Toy
- La Dee Da Signature Doll by Spin Master™
- LaLa Loopsy Silly Hair Star Doll by MGA Entertainment
- LEGO®Friends Adventure Camper
- Little People® Disney Princess Palace by Fisher-Price®
- My First Kenmore Lights & Sound Wooden Grill
- My First Craftsman Garden Set
- Nerf® N-Strike Elite Hail-Fire by Hasbro®
- Novi Stars™ Dolls by MGA Entertainment
- Play-Doh® Candy Cyclone by Hasbro®
- Thomas & Friends™ Steam 'n Speed™ by Fisher-Price®
- Walking Dead Zombie Hunter Video Game by Jakks Pacific®
Customers can shop for any of the items on the Fab 15 and Staff Picks lists at local Kmart stores nationwide or online anytime at www.Kmart.com/fab15. For the latest information and deals on the Fab 15, "Like" us on Facebook, "Follow" us on Twitter or join the conversation using #Fab15.
For high-resolution images, visit www.KmartEPK.com.
Fab 15 Daily Toy Giveaway Sweepstakes
No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes ends 11/22/12. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes subject to complete Official Rules available at www.kmart.com/fab15.
Kmart, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a mass merchandising company and part of ShopYourWay, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through ShopYourWay.com. Kmart offers customers quality products through a portfolio of exclusive brands that include Sofia by Sofia Vergara, Jaclyn Smith, Joe Boxer, Route 66 and Smart Sense. For more information visit the company's website at www.kmart.com |Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com| Facebook: www.facebook.com/kmart
About the Kmart Toys Survey
The Kmart Toys Survey was conducted online in Sept. 2012 by Russell Research online among parents of children under the age of 18 across the United States. Figures for gender, age, and geography were weighted where necessary to match their actual proportions in the population.
Sears Holdings Corp.
Zeno Group for Sears