HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Oct. 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Tapping into the value of its popular member-based shopping program, Kmart and Sears will make the holidays especially rewarding for the tens of millions of Shop Your Way members who represent 65 percent of the retailers' transactions and sales. Through exclusive member deals and innovative integrated retail shopping conveniences, Shop Your Way members searching for the perfect gifts at Kmart and Sears will enjoy shopping options and benefits unlike any prior holiday season.
For example, Kmart announced today it will roll out its Lease-to-Own program just in time for Black Friday, while Sears announced it has more than 95 million items available via Sears Marketplace.
"This year's holiday season is about savings and creating seamless shopping experiences for our Shop Your Way members, so we're relentlessly focused on delivering a world-class integrated retail shopping platform that delivers on these benefits," said Imran Jooma, executive vice president and president, online, marketing, pricing and financial services, Sears Holdings. "Sears and Kmart are committed to helping members and customers find convenient and affordable ways to shop, without letting the joy of the season become overshadowed by stresses like financial concerns."
Kmart Announces "Why Not Lease" Program
Adding another budgeting solution for the holidays, Kmart's lease-to-own program through Whynot Leasing, LLC will be available nationwide starting Nov. 22, giving customers a no credit-required way to take home products they need or want, right away.
More than 95 Million Items Now on Sears Marketplace
Constantly seeking smart new ways to offer integrated options to make shopping more convenient, more than 95 million items are now available on Marketplace at Sears.com – making Sears one of the largest marketplace and commerce solution providers on the web. Members and customers can shop endless aisles of popular products from electronics to home goods, jewelry and tools, in addition to big brands and boutique items.
Exclusive Member Sales & Deals
Throughout the holidays, Sears and Kmart will reward members with exclusive sales and deals, including Family & Friends sales, gas savings offers from Kmart, and more. Plus, Sears' signature offer – 10 percent back in points when shopping with a Sears Card or 3 percent back in points when shopping with any other form of payment* – is one of the most significant member benefits Sears has ever offered.
Innovations for Holiday
According to a recent survey, 73 percent of people browse at least once in-store and then buy online.** Leading the integrated retail trend, members and customers can shop in-store, over the phone, online and on mobile devices through Kmart, Sears and Shop Your Way apps and social media channels. In fact, more than half of Sears and Kmart online business comes from cross-channel transactions, and the company's mobile apps and websites are routinely lauded by industry publications. Integrated retail innovation highlights include:
- Shop Your Way Mobile App: Members can access their benefits on the go through the convenient and social Shop Your Way mobile app. In addition to searching for products, members can explore comments and recommendations from friends, unlock deals, access Shop Your Way rewards stats, and more.
- Shop'In: This new Shop Your Way mobile app feature will help members save more this holiday season. Members can check in while shopping at their local store to browse merchandise, access exclusive sales, and load coupons to their account from a smartphone.
- eCoupons: Sears was one of the first retailers to offer eCoupons redeemable across multiple channels. The eCoupon feature via Shop Your Way, Sears and Kmart mweb and apps lets members and customers view, clip and auto-redeem coupons both online and in store
- Layaway: Members and customers can save more with waived layaway service fees through Nov. 23 at Kmart and Oct. 25 through Nov. 25 at Sears. Sears and Kmart remain the only retailers to offer layaway both online and in-store year round with a full range of merchandise, no minimum purchase, and free shipping on purchases $59 or more for the holidays.
- Pay In Store: Customers now have more payment choices with Kmart's flexible online shopping service, Pay In Store. Shoppers can reserve items online and pay at their local Kmart store using their preferred payment method – cash, check, debit, Shop Your Way points, credit or gift card.
- Free Anyone, Anywhere Pickup & Free Store Pickup: As an added option to save on shipping costs, Kmart and Sears offer Free Anyone, Anywhere Pickup so customers can conveniently purchase gifts online and have friends or family pick them up at any Sears or Kmart nationwide. Members can also take advantage of Free Store Pickup at Sears.com and Kmart.com, featuring free same-day pick up at a local store and curbside pickup in select locations guaranteed in five minutes.
Exclusive New Celebrity Collections
Just in time for the holidays, fans, customers and members have access to three Kmart-exclusive celebrity powerhouse brands by platinum recording artist, Nicki Minaj, GRAMMY Award-winner, Adam Levine and WWE Superstar, John Cena. Members can follow Nicki and Adam on their Shop Your Way pages for fun and interactive content, engaging social experiences, and special promotions involving their collections, which are available on ShopYourWay.com and at Kmart stores.
*Offer valid 11/3/13-12/26 on first $1,000 of each qualifying purchase at participating Sears locations & sears.com. See store for details.
**2013 Accenture survey report, "Seamless Retail Global Customer Survey"
About Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a leading broadline retailer providing merchandise and related services and is part of Shop Your Way, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn Points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through ShopYourWay.com. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through its Sears-branded and affiliated stores in the United States and Canada. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com, landsend.com, and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading proprietary brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, DieHard and Lands' End -- among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. The company is the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 15 million service and installation calls made annually. For more information, visit the Sears, Roebuck website at www.sears.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.
Kmart, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a mass merchandising company and part of ShopYourWay, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through ShopYourWay.com. Kmart offers customers quality products through a portfolio of exclusive brands that include Sofia by Sofia Vergara, Jaclyn Smith, Joe Boxer, Route 66 and Smart Sense. For more information visit the company's website at www.kmart.com |Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.| Facebook: www.facebook.com/kmart
SEARS MEDIA CONTACTS:
KMART MEDIA CONTACTS:
Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation
Zeno Group for Sears
Zeno Group for Kmart
SOURCE Sears Holdings Corporation