HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Nov. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Sears announced the grand opening of its latest store dedicated to appliances and mattresses, designed to deliver a specialized retail experience to current and prospective members. Located in Camp Hill, Pa., the store will be the first of its kind in the Northeast. The unique retail concept focuses on two of Sears' strongest categories – appliances and mattresses – while additionally offering the expertise and capability of its leading integrated services. The new store follows the successful model of the first Sears Appliances & Mattresses store located in Pharr, Texas, which has been open since June of this year, as well as the Sears Appliances store, which opened in Ft. Collins, Colo. in 2016. Sears is also opening an Appliances & Mattresses store in Honolulu this weekend.
"We're delighted by the positive feedback we've received from our members around the Ft. Collins and Pharr stores," said Leena Munjal, senior vice president, Customer Experience and Integrated Retail, Sears Holdings. "At our new Camp Hill Sears Appliances & Mattresses store, the community will find an innovative, interactive shopping experience that showcases our leading array of appliances and mattresses, with the support of expert associates. This new store helps our members easily find the best product for them to live life now and enjoy these products in their homes for years to come."
Located at 3595 Capital City Mall, the 12,248-sq. ft. Sears Appliances & Mattresses store showcases the top major appliance brands, including Kenmore®, in a bright, spacious setting with interactive displays, allowing members to view home appliances in kitchen vignettes and experience top mattress brands. Members can visualize how new appliances would look in a full-scale kitchen with the "Discover More" interactive digital display. Using a tablet, shoppers can select common kitchen layouts and appliances and further customize the experience by choosing colors and finishes. They also can use the "Discover More" digital display to shop for other products on sears.com.
The Camp Hill store also features an assortment of vacuums, floor care and home environment products, as well as countertop microwaves. Members can also try out mattresses from top brands including Tempur-Pedic®, Beautyrest, Sealy, Serta, Simmons and Stearns & Foster, and shop for select pillows and bedding.
The new location will feature the full suite of integrated retail services for which Sears is known, including:
- Meet with An Expert: The free service helps members shop for home appliances and mattresses by letting them schedule appointments with in-store experts at a time convenient for them.
- Free Shipping: Looking for a product that's not carried in the Sears Appliances & Mattresses store? Simply open the Sears mobile app, find the item you want—apparel, footwear, tools, lawn and garden equipment and more—and get free shipping on orders placed while in store (when location services are enabled).
- Buy Online and Ship to the Store, In-Vehicle Pickup: Members can purchase all products available on Sears.com or Kmart.com, ship to the store for free, then pick up their items at the store when they arrive, where they will be ready in five minutes, guaranteed. Members can even choose to have their item brought out to them by using Sears' innovative In-Vehicle Pickup service.
- Anyone, Anywhere Pickup: Members can order any item on Sears.com or Kmart.com and send a friend or family member to pick up the purchase—particularly useful for parents purchasing items for their kids who may be away at college.
A ribbon-cutting for the Camp Hill store will take place Friday, Nov. 10 at 10 a.m., and the grand opening celebration will continue Saturday, Nov. 11 at 10 a.m.
Ribbon-cutting festivities include:
- 10 $25 Sears gift card giveaway raffles
- Face painting for children
- Food truck on-site from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday festivities include:
- 10 percent off storewide*
- Goody bags for first 100 customers
- Face painting for children
- Raffles throughout the day
The new Sears Appliances & Mattresses store will be open Sunday, 11 a.m.– 6 p.m. and Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m.– 9 p.m. In most cases, Sears delivers appliances and mattresses Monday through Saturday.
The Sears Appliances & Mattresses store's associates and technicians, who provide services such as installation, maintenance and repair, are trained and employed by Sears. Camp Hill members will also gain peace of mind knowing they can protect their purchases with one of the industry's most comprehensive warranty programs, which has made Sears No. 1 in protection agreements.
*Some exclusions apply
About Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a leading integrated retailer providing merchandise and related services and is part of Shop Your Way, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through shopyourway.com. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through Sears-branded and affiliated full-line and specialty retail stores. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, and DieHard -- among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. The company is the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 6,000 expert technicians who make nearly 11 million service calls annually. For more information, visit the Sears, Roebuck website at www.sears.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.
Sears Holdings Corp.
Havas Formula for Sears
SOURCE Sears, Roebuck and Co.