HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., March 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This Easter, Kmart is teaming up with PEEPS®, the iconic marshmallow candy brand, for a ridiculously fun way to celebrate family, friends and spring favorites.
Sure, everyone has Facebook friends, but it's time to figure out once and for all who your 'peeps' really are. Thanks to the Kmart 'My PEEPS®' generator, users can create their very own virtual marshmallow PEEPS® pack by customizing shapes and colors, and adding the faces of their closest 'peeps!' Visit Kmart.com/mypeeps to get started and say 'Happy Easter' to your flock. Be sure to share your PEEPS® pack on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with #MyPeeps.
For those looking for a fresh take on an Easter classic, Kmart breaks down the steps to create brag-worthy baskets filled with great deals.
How to Make an Epic Easter Basket in Six Hops
1) Choose your basket: Go traditional and choose a colorful Easter-inspired basket, or get creative with a bowl, bucket, vase or handbag, depending on who you're gifting.
2) Grow your basket: Lay the foundation of your basket with candy, paper or iridescent grass, like Kmart's Easter Jubilee Iridescent Grass in lime, orchid, blue, pink or clear on sale for $1.79 (regular price $1.99).
3) Sweeten your basket: The best part of any Easter basket is the candy haul! Look for deals on favorites including:
- 2 for $3 PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks or Bunnies 3-3.75 oz.*
- 3 for $2 Cadbury Eggs*
- $3.99 Reese's or Dove chocolate bunnies 3-7 oz.*
- 3 for $5 Easter Hershey's Robin Eggs 10 oz.*
- 2 for $7 Easter 6-pk Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs, KitKat Bunny Ears or Lindt Gold Bunny*
- 2 for $5Starburst or Jolly Rancher jelly beans 14-16 oz.*
- 2 for $6 Hershey's, Mars or Nestle packaged chocolate 4.65-12.6 oz.*
4) 'Eggify' your basket: Stock up on Kmart's Easter Jubilee Mixed Easter Eggs - Bright Color, 30 count, on sale for $3.59 (regular price $3.99) and fill them with small chocolates, jelly beans, small toys or even jewelry. Then hide the eggs within the grass planted in Step 2.
5) Customize your basket: Make your basket one-of-a-kind by choosing a special gift for each special someone:
- For your Little Bunnies:
- Bouncing Amazing Bubble Blower on sale for $5.49, reg. $5.99**
- Character bat and ball on sale for $11.99, reg. $12.99**
- DC 12'' Batman and The Joker 2-pk figures on sale for $16.99, reg. $19.99**
- Barbie Fashionista or Career dolls on sale for $12.99, reg. $13.99**
- For your Sweetie:
- For your Best 'Peep':
- 30% off fashion candles, reg. $4.99-$12.99***
- BOGO 50% off Real Techniques cosmetic brushes or complexion sponge***
- 50% off Grumpy Cat mouse mat, reg. $4.99-$5-99**
- $19.99 Logitech M325 wireless mouse, reg. $30.99**
- For your Furry Friend:
6) That's a wrap! Use festive cellophane wrap to make your basket look deluxe with Kmart's Easter Jubilee 40" Cello Wrap in clear, pink, pink dots, blue dots, rabbits or Easter eggs on sale for $1.79 (regular price $1.99). Be sure to cut a large enough square piece of cellophane to cover the entire basket. On a flat surface, lay the square piece of cellophane down and place the basket in the center. Then, take all four corners and draw them together in one hand over the top of the basket handle. Twist the plastic clockwise and tie with a large ribbon.
Hop on into your local Kmart store or visit Kmart.com to create a one-of-a-kind Easter basket with the how-to guide or – if in a pinch – purchase from a selection of pre-made gift set baskets. And the Easter fun doesn't stop there, visit your local Kmart on Freebie Saturdays in March for fun Easter-themed Freebies including PEEPS® Chicks and Bunnies on March 19 and Easter coloring sheets and crayons on March 26.
Whether you shop in-store at Kmart, online or use the Kmart Mobile App– Kmart makes it incredibly easy with convenient shipping options, including free standard shipping on orders of $35 or more at Kmart.com, Shop Your Way Max Free 2-Day Shipping, Free Anyone, Anywhere Pickup and Free In-Store Shipping.
*Offer available until March 27, 2016, while supplies last.
**Offer available until April 4, 2016, while supplies last. Diamond weights may not be exact, but are never more than .05 carats below the stated weight.
***Assorted varieties of equal or lesser value.
****Available at participating stores for kids 12 and younger while supplies last.
Kmart is making shopping fun again. The retailer, a subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is bringing back the iconic Bluelight Specials, hosting Freebie Saturdays and in-store family events for its Shop Your Way members and customers. Kmart offers customers thrilling deals and amazing finds on quality products and exclusive brands including Jaclyn Smith, Joe Boxer, Route 66 and Smart Sense.
About Just Born Quality Confections:
Just Born Quality Confections is a third-generation family-owned company that has grown into the 9th largest candy company in the U.S. Just Born is the maker of some of America's most beloved and iconic brands – PEEPS®, MIKE AND IKE®, HOT TAMALES® and GOLDENBERG'S® PEANUT CHEWS®. In 1923, the founder, Sam Born, opened a small candy-making and retail store in Brooklyn, New York, where he marketed the freshness of his daily-made candy with a sign that declared, "Just Born." Together with Born's brothers-in-law, Irv and Jack Shaffer, the company thrived in spite of the economic depression of the 1930s and, in 1932, moved its operations to Bethlehem, PA, which is still home to their iconic candy brands. All Just Born candies are proudly made in the U.S.A. For more information, please visit www.justborn.com and see the breadth of candy and high-quality branded items at www.peepsandcompany.com. Follow us: facebook.com/JustBornInc, twitter.com/JustBornInc.
Zeno Group for Kmart