HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., May 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Summer is as much a mindset as it is a season. But even the ultimate summer state-of-mind is hampered by an uninspired outdoor living space. So in the spirit of season, Sears Outdoor Living and celebrity designer Ty Pennington have teamed up to offer seven secrets to the art of creating the perfect outdoor oasis. In June, the company will unveil videos featuring Pennington showcasing Sears outdoor living products, along with solutions to common design challenges at his new Florida home. But starting today, visit Sears outdoor living hub to find tips on grilling and outdoor entertaining. And enter for a chance* to win 1.5 million points towards creating a dream patio space.
"Nothing says 'summer' quite like an outdoor oasis, but if I know anything about outside entertaining, it's that everyone's space is unique," said Pennington. "Regardless of size, climate or seasonal element, you can achieve the ultimate outdoor entertaining area with a lot of creativity and a little help from my friends at Sears."
Ty Pennington's Seven Secrets to Creating an Outdoor Oasis:
- Build your base, add over time – After envisioning your dream outdoor space, you can purchase an entire patio collection at once or build it over time, depending on your entertaining needs. Fortunately, the Ty Pennington Style Parkside Collection encompasses 20 matching outdoor necessities – from a loveseat and ottoman to a dining table, umbrella and even a resin wicker swing. It allows you to make additions to your set on your own time. The collection is now available in three colors for custom personalization.
- Get to grilling – Whether you're a novice griller or a seasoned outdoor pro, Sears has the grills to match your space and skillset. With 40,000 BTUs of power, a side burner and two large wheels for easy maneuvering, the Kenmore 4 Burner Gas Grill with stainless steel lid is ideal of the beginning griller. If cooking for a crowd is more your style, consider the Kenmore Elite® 600 Series 4 Burner Gas Grill. With 694 square inches of total cooking area, 64,000 BTUs of power, and a cast iron side burner to cook side dishes and sauces, it's the ideal grill for the avid entertainer.
- Welcome small spaces– Think your condo balcony or oceanside deck is too small for outdoor entertaining? Think again. For an intimate yet eclectic look and feel, consider the extensive line of bistro and bar sets available at Sears. They are easily customizable and ideal for dining for two.
- Go green and add some color – Nothing dresses up a patio faster than plants and flowers. Many planters at Sears coordinate with our patio collections. Refresh your patio with colorful rugs, pillows and cushions. In addition, a strategically-placed patio umbrella can do more than just block the sun – it can define your entire outdoor space. After all, summer parties should create a relaxed vibe.
- Make your move, weigh your priorities – Summer is moving season. Whether you're moving from the city to the suburbs or from a single-family home to a condo in the city, match your outdoor entertaining to the space you have. If moving to a market with extreme climates, invest in durable furniture that can stand up to the environment. Consider patio furniture with a rust-resistant steel frame, UV-resistant fabric and an all-weather resin weave like the La-Z-Boy Charlotte 4 pc. Seating Set available at Sears. This set will accommodate your guests comfortably while upholding inclement weather for years to come.
- Dine with family and friends – Party hosts know the frustration of carrying food back and forth between the kitchen and the backyard. Fortunately, the Kenmore 5-Burner Island Gas Grill with Refrigerator takes elements from the kitchen to the great outdoors. With a side searing burner, a storage cabinet, two storage drawers and a built-in refrigerator, hosts can focus on the food and their guests with fewer trips to the kitchen.
- Consider your climate – The most popular patio sets on the market are made with either aluminum or steel. Steel is heavier than aluminum but can rust over time. Aluminum is naturally rustproof and generally requires less maintenance. For added protection, make sure your patio set has a heavy duty powder-coated frame if you choose steel.
A survey report published by the National Association of Home Builders shows that the average new home in 2015 is expected to be about 10 percent smaller than the average new home in 2010. That same report shows that the demand for outdoor living products will climb by four percent in 2015.
"As homes continue to get smaller, it's no surprise that consumers are prioritizing their outdoor living spaces," said James Alt, senior vice president and president of Seasonal and Outdoor Living, Sears Holdings. "As this demand increases, we're pleased to be the go-to retailer for all outdoor living solutions with top celebrity lines and exclusive new products."
Throughout the spring and summer seasons, Sears will offer a great selection of outdoor living collections and grills, including collections from Ty Pennington Style, Grand Resort, La-Z-Boy Outdoor, Kenmore and Kenmore Elite®.
*SWEEPSTAKES DETAILS - NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Sweepstakes begins on 3/17/2015 at 12:00:01 am Central Daylight Savings Time ("CDT") and ends on 6/17/15 at 11:59:59 pm CDT and is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and D.C. who are at least 18 years old and Shop Your Way Email Members (members who have provided Sponsor with a valid email address and are currently opted in to receive promotional emails from Shop Your Way at the time of entry). The prizes and their corresponding ARV's that will be awarded in the Sweepstakes are as follows: (1) Grand Prize, ARV: $1,500; and (6) First Prizes, ARV: $500 each prize. Total ARV of all prizes: $4,500. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Void where prohibited. Winners will be notified by email, phone or newsfeed story at www.shopyourway.com/SweepsSYW and are subject to verification. Sweepstakes subject to complete Official Rules available at http://s.syw.net/rules/SEARSPATIOSWEEP. Sponsor of the Sears Dream Patio Sweepstakes: Sears Holdings Management Corporation, 3333, Beverly Road, Hoffman Estates, IL 60179.
About Shop Your Way
Shop Your Way is a free social shopping destination and rewards program offering millions of products, personalized services, and advice. Through a network of retail partners and service providers, members can shop, compare, purchase items and earn points to use on future purchases. Members also enjoy special pricing, exclusive sales, events, access to celebrity brands and sweepstakes. And through the unique social community on shopyourway.com members can research and browse products, create wish lists, poll friends and family and even get advice from experts to help choose the products and services that best meet their needs. There is no minimum purchase required for Shop Your Way members to redeem points and points can be used toward purchases across countless product categories. Download the free Shop Your Way app available on iTunes or Google Play.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) is a leading integrated retailer focused on seamlessly connecting the digital and physical shopping experiences to serve our members - wherever, whenever and however they want to shop. Sears Holdings is home to Shop Your Way®, a social shopping platform offering members rewards for shopping at Sears and Kmart as well as with other retail partners across categories important to them. The Company operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation, with full-line and specialty retail stores across the United States. For more information, visit www.searsholdings.com.
Sears Holdings Corp.
Zeno Group for Sears
SOURCE Sears Holdings Corporation