For the first time ever, Kmart is announcing its top sales promotions of hot products for the holiday season before special pricing is advertised in its stores nationwide. The mass retailer intends to help customers better plan their holiday purchases and save a few extra dollars while shopping.
Beginning on Dec. 1 through Dec. 3, 2000, all 2,106 Kmart, Big Kmart and Super Kmart stores will offer the following impressive product promotions, many of which are great gifts or basic necessities for the season. These items reflect tremendous cost savings, ranging from 20 percent to 50 percent off original prices.
Great Gift Ideas for All Ages
* Top-20 CDs (Backstreet Boys' "Black and Blue"; Beatles' "Beatles 1"; Tim McGraw's "Greatest Hits"; N'SYNC's "No Strings Attached"; and Ricky Martin's "Sound Loaded,"), $9.88 each
* 2000 Celebration Barbie®, $19.99 * Hot Wheels or Matchbox vehicles, $.59 each * 70 percent off all diamond and diamond-accent jewelry
* 18-speed, 26-inch men's Challenger and ladies' Tempo bicycles, $47.88 each
* 132-piece Tool Source™, or 85- and 65-piece Benchtop® Pro multiple-use tool sets, $19.99 each
* Trendy Big Mouth Billy Bass singing, moving fish wall plaques, $6.99 each
* 33 percent off Sarah Michaels bath and shower gift sets Electronics * Sansui 25-inch color/stereo television, $189.99 * Samtron four-head Hi-Fi stereo VCR with remote, $64.99 * Samsung 650-watt microwave (white), $39.99 * Uniden 900 MHz cordless telephone, $14.99 after mail-in rebate
* 10 percent off all Nintendo 64 and Sega Dreamcast games and computer software
Seasonal Decorating/Organization * Seven-foot artificial Christmas trees, $59 * 300-count Brilliance™ icicle lights, $4.49 * 18-gallon Rubbermaid® tote, $3.99
* White-Westinghouse™ appliances (electric can opener, two-slice toaster, three-speed hand mixer and steam/dry iron), $6.99 each
* Poinsettia and Ribbons or gold- or platinum-banded dinnerware sets (service for four), $9.99 each
Kmart Corporation (NYSE: KM) serves America with 2,106 Kmart, Big Kmart and Super Kmart stores. In addition to serving all 50 states, Kmart operations extend to Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands. More information about Kmart is available on the World Wide Web at www.bluelight.com .
SOURCE: Kmart Corporation
Contact: Nicole Dowswell, 248-463-6269, or Laura Mahle, 248-463-1650,
both of Kmart Corporate Affairs