Who is eligible?
Only select nonprofit organizations that are tax-exempt are eligible to apply. The nonprofit organization must be tax-exempt as determined by the US Internal Revenue Service and fall under one of the following certified tax codes/classification to benefit from Kmart Cares:
- 501(c)(3) - Charitable organization including public charities and private foundations
- 501(c)(4) - Social welfare organizations and civic leagues
- 501(c)(6) - Business leagues, associations or chambers of commerce
- 501(c)(10) - Fraternal orders operating under a lodge system
- 501(c)(19) - Veterans' organizations
Please note: Kmart Cares will generally not support:
- Religious groups for religious purposes
- Public service or political campaigns
- Personal needs or travel
- Organizations practicing unlawful discriminatory practices
- Lobbying, political or fraternal activities
- Promoting publications, audio-visual productions or special broadcasts
- Organizations whose programming or policies may position Sears Holdings, Sears or Kmart in a negative light.
Kmart reserves the right to reject any application for the Kmart Cares program for any reason.